Posted on: Wednesday, 23rd October 2013
The geko™ device – reduces swelling following injury or surgery
The geko™ device simply increases blood flow and is also indicated for the prevention and treatment of swelling (oedema) that could arise following injury or surgery.
Small electrical impulses gently stimulate the common peroneal nerve to activate the muscle pumps of the lower leg, emulating the blood flow rate normally achieved by walking – up to 70%.
Worn at the knee and operated from a single button, the geko™ device is small, light and comfortable to wear and allows full freedom of movement.
Designed to enhance the rehabilitation process, to get you back to the activities you enjoy, the scientifically proven geko™ device is CE marked:
- to increase blood circulation
- for the prevention and treatment of oedema
- for the prevention of venous thrombosis
- for promoting wound healing
- for the treatment of venous insufficiency and ischemia